Last Saturday I wrote that I hadn't posted for a week...and here we are again. Hopefully things will settle down soon & I'll have more time to blog. I'm thinking this post will be in two parts...it's going to be a long one.
It's been another crazy week. We both had eye exams, since my husba
nd was FINALLY added to my insurance (sure, it only took two months, three phone calls & multiple emails to HR at work...but who's keeping track?). Donny decided he wanted to get contacts instead of glasses, so for those of you who know him, it'll take a bit of getting used to.
He's had his glasses forever! Even the eye doctor said "these glasses have seen better days..." It was definitely time for something new.Immediately after getting his contacts, we had to go shopping in search of new sunglasses. We'd also gone to Steve & Barry's before our eye exams, and he bought more clothes than I did (and wants to go back)!! I'm definitely biased, but he looks pretty good. :) Here he is with his sunglasses and new outfit.
Sidenote on the contacts...we are now on day two & Donny has managed to take them out last night and then put them in today...but was only able to get them both in after he dropped one down the sink drain! I, the handywoman I am (yeah right...but I guess I have my moments), literally sat down on the bathroom floor and took the sink apart to find the lost lens while my husband got dressed for work. He told me I was crazy and said I would never find it, but ten minutes later the contact was cleaned off & in his eye. He thanked me, kissed me goodbye and left for work, and I was left to clean up my mess. Who would have thought I should have taken everything out from under the sink before I tore everything apart?? Note to self: The pipes under a sink contain water...water that when coming out of said pipes will also come out with random dirt and hair that's been in the sink for who knows how long (gross, I know)...that will go EVERYWHERE. We now have to replace the O-rings that sealed some of the pipes, but I'm guessing the fact that they crumbled into multiple pieces when I took the sink apart meant they needed to be replaced anyway. :-)
Tonight after Donny gets home from work we're going to eat dinner and then at midnight we're going out to celebrate my friend Jessica's 21st birthday. We won't stay out for too long, but it'll be lots of fun!
I'm off to fold some laundry and check on dinner (yay for slow cookers!), and then I'll post part two!

No comments:
Post a Comment