It's Saturday again (and I haven't posted since the last one), so I decided it was time. I've been enjoying my day off (currently I have off on Fridays and Saturdays), reading some fun blogs and just plain old relaxing.
Over the past week we have:
a) decided that we we both be going back to school soon
-For me it's because I withdrew nearly two years ago because the classes I needed were not offered. I since have gotten caught up in my job and just haven't gone back.
-As for my husband, he said he came to realize that he didn't want to have a bartender's schedule when he's 30, because it not always going to be just the two of us (and no, I'm not making an announcement...) :) He loves building computers and is extremely intrigued by all sorts of technology, so he'll be going for a Computer Information Technology degree. On another note, he also told me that he would love for me to someday be able to quit working and stay home with our kids. I completely agree. His mom stayed home with him & his older sister when they were young. As for my mom, she's a teacher, so she'd work during the school year and then spend her summers with us kids. It was always lots of fun, and I'd love to someday be able to stay home and just enjoy watching my kids grow.
b) contemplated getting another dog
-We'll see if this actually pans out. What we would love to see is a calm, relaxed Kahlua. She's only two, and still very excitable. When we do decide to have kids, things will need to be much different. We've heard that having a second dog actually helps to calm the first dog down, because they'll play with each other...so we'll see.
c) had a mini get-together
-Last night we had a few friends over for a small housewarming sort of party. It was nice to actually be able to have friends over...it's something that was nearly impossible at our old apartment. It was too small! We didn't have enough seating for more than just us, really.
-We were going to have a bonfire (with our never-been-used firepit in our backyard!) but due to the wet almost-Fall weather, we moved it indoors. Donny & I now have to find a way to consume two bags of potato chips (I'm not a chip person, really), two bags of marshmallows, two boxes of graham crackers, a pack of Hershey bars (this I'm not worried about...I'm most definitely a chocoholic), four bags of hot dog buns, and 32 hot dogs. Hmm...it may be time for a visit from my sixteen year old brother. I still don't know how my mom manages to keep food in the house.
That's all for now...I hope to post some wedding planning details next.

No comments:
Post a Comment