8/24/09

How we found out...

I just wanted to post a quick update & also let you know how we found out about Baby Lang. :)

It was the day before my birthday (about a month ago), and I'd been feeling kinda funny. I'd been having some cramps for a few days which didn't feel quite like normal cramps. I told Donny I wanted to go buy a test, just because I was curious.

We'd planned to go to a cookout at our friends' house that afternoon, so just before we were leaving, I took the test. I waited the 3 minutes...and the test was blank! The test line hadn't even shown up. Donny knocked on the bathroom door to ask what was up. I told him that either the test was broken or I'd done it wrong.

We were running late, so I said we'd just need to pick up another one on our way home. I was sooo anxious to get home & find out for sure.

Once we got home, Donny said he had to use the bathroom. Just because I was curious, I asked him to look at the first test, since I'd left it on the bathroom counter. His response was, "I dunno...there are lines on it...but I have to pee!" My heart jumped a little bit, but I was also laughing at what he'd said. When he was done in the bathroom I went to look. I laughed and said, "Honey, that's positive..."

He said he wasn't sure, since the plus sign was so faint. I said I'd take another, just to be sure. The second time I definitely didn't have to wait 3 minutes. It turned positive immediately. We were both very shocked that it had happened that fast for us, but very excited. :)

I'll always be grateful for my little early birthday present!

Even through all the food aversions, 11PM mashed potato cravings (I made Donny go to the grocery store with me the other night to get mashed potatoes from the deli), fatigue, waking up at least twice a night to go to the bathroom (in between some really weird dreams)...it'll all be worth it in the end!

I have my first doctor's appointment scheduled. I'm really excited about it. I'll be 11 weeks 2 days that day, so I can't wait to be able to hear our little one's heartbeat!

I've still been doing alright as far as sickness goes. I've been feeling a bit nauseated some nights, but nothing too severe. I've been trying to eat small meals throughout the day, which seems to help quite a bit. I'm crossing my fingers & praying that it stays this way!

1 comment:

  1. I love these baby stories. Keep them up. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete