Wow, it has been forever since I posted anything! I'm sorry that it has taken me this long to update. I've been reading all of your blogs, even if I haven't commented. It has certainly been a busy summer! I'm loving being a stay at home mom. When I first quit my job, I had the impression that I'd be able to get so much done each day, that our house would be super clean & the laundry would always be done... I am now adjusting to the fact that there will be plenty of days where I can't complete every project or clean everything I wanted to, as being a mom is certainly more work (but so much more rewarding!) than any full-time job I've ever had.
Adelyn Claire,
You are now 5 months old! These first several months have just flown by. Your daddy and I absolutely love watching you every day...you are, for the most part, a very happy baby. Your giggle is contagious, and I could never get sick of hearing it!
You are on the move, as last week you started scooting! You can push yourself all the way up on your arms and lift your belly off the floor. You haven't mastered getting up on your knees yet, so when you scoot, you scoot backwards!
You are so inquisitive. You have to know what's going on at all times. You love to listen to people's voices and then talk back to them. It's so fun to watch and listen to you "talk" to your toys, too. You and your dog, Kahlua, are also starting to become better acquainted. There are times when the two of you just sit and stare at each other. You make her nervous at times, (especially now that you don't just stay in one place) but she loves to try and lick you, even though we've told her 1,000 times that you're off-limits!
You love to eat! We nurse on-demand, which works out great. You will typically eat every 3-4 hours. You've starting eating rice cereal (you aren't the biggest fan) and some basic Stage 1 fruits and veggies. So far, you make sour faces at bananas and peaches, but you absolutely love sweet potatoes! You reach out for the spoon every time to try and feed yourself, and you have started reaching for our plates and silverware while we're eating, too.
At about 5 weeks, you started sleeping for 6-8 hours at time. You'd go to bed around 12:30 AM (quite the night owl!), and sleep until sometime between 6:30 and 8:30. You'd then go down for a 1-2 hour nap at 3 in the afternoon, along with a cat nap or two throughout the day. Ever since we moved into our new duplex and out of your bassinet (about 3 weeks ago), you've decided to throw your old schedule out the window. You'll fall asleep for an hour or two and then wake up for a while to be cuddled or to eat. This lasts off and on through the night, and so then we both end up taking a very long nap during the day! I think part of this is due to your teething... Your two bottom teeth have been bothering you for the longest time, but I can finally feel them! Hopefully they'll be in soon so that you'll have some relief (before the next ones come in!).
Daddy and I love you so much and feel so blessed that you are ours!
You are on the move, as last week you started scooting! You can push yourself all the way up on your arms and lift your belly off the floor. You haven't mastered getting up on your knees yet, so when you scoot, you scoot backwards!
You are so inquisitive. You have to know what's going on at all times. You love to listen to people's voices and then talk back to them. It's so fun to watch and listen to you "talk" to your toys, too. You and your dog, Kahlua, are also starting to become better acquainted. There are times when the two of you just sit and stare at each other. You make her nervous at times, (especially now that you don't just stay in one place) but she loves to try and lick you, even though we've told her 1,000 times that you're off-limits!
You love to eat! We nurse on-demand, which works out great. You will typically eat every 3-4 hours. You've starting eating rice cereal (you aren't the biggest fan) and some basic Stage 1 fruits and veggies. So far, you make sour faces at bananas and peaches, but you absolutely love sweet potatoes! You reach out for the spoon every time to try and feed yourself, and you have started reaching for our plates and silverware while we're eating, too.
At about 5 weeks, you started sleeping for 6-8 hours at time. You'd go to bed around 12:30 AM (quite the night owl!), and sleep until sometime between 6:30 and 8:30. You'd then go down for a 1-2 hour nap at 3 in the afternoon, along with a cat nap or two throughout the day. Ever since we moved into our new duplex and out of your bassinet (about 3 weeks ago), you've decided to throw your old schedule out the window. You'll fall asleep for an hour or two and then wake up for a while to be cuddled or to eat. This lasts off and on through the night, and so then we both end up taking a very long nap during the day! I think part of this is due to your teething... Your two bottom teeth have been bothering you for the longest time, but I can finally feel them! Hopefully they'll be in soon so that you'll have some relief (before the next ones come in!).
Daddy and I love you so much and feel so blessed that you are ours!

5 months flew by so fast! She is so cute! Looking forward to more updates and photos. Have fun!
ReplyDelete